Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Haiti has our hearts!

What a beautiful day!  It was very eventful, but every part of it was wonderful and according to God's beautiful plan. I woke up this morning expecting to go serve at a school, but God's plan was different.  My leader asked if I would be willing to serve at "Home for the Sick and Dying Babies." On the way there, I was a bit apprehensive and very unsure of what to expect.  How sick would these children be?  I also was nervous about how I would handle my emotions, but I prayed and God helped me to be strong and love these precious ones just like Him. The 2 year old boy I had for almost our entire time melted my heart. As soon as I picked him up, I immediately was attached. He held onto me like I was his mother and never wanted to be put down. He had the biggest smile that warmed my heart in such a way that reassured me why I was suppose to come to Haiti by showing God's love to these beautiful people. We were there for a couple of hours and once we were done feeding the children, we each had to put the babies we were holding back into their cribs. For me that was by far the hardest thing I had to do this week. It was so difficult to walk away and hear the little boy I had held all morning, as well as all of the other children, cry as we walked out of the building, but it is so comforting that other missionaries and volunteers from all over come daily and they are left in good care by the loving staff.   Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures there, but we will remember those precious faces forever in our hearts. :)

Isaiah 6:8 says "Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying "whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Here am I send me.""

Written by Brianna M.

No comments:

Post a Comment