Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Water Truck Day

Hey it's Abby! Today was water truck day! First water stop was the hope church stop. The moment I stepped off the tap-tap multiple kids chose me as a target and started to say "Hey You". I love kids so I naturally tried to pick up as many as I could. Eventually I had 6 clinging to me in some sort of way...(two in my arms, one on my back, two clinging to each of my legs and one grabbing my back). Then with that many kids I fell over and got a little cut but nothing serious. I then saw a teen girl by herself bringing buckets constantly to the water truck to fill up. She was a Restavik or a child slave for a family. So I hung out with her for a bit until every time she brought her full bucket to me she asked for my help to put it on her head. Her name was Hellen and she had the most impact on me today. The other two stops we went to were crazy compared to our first one and Kathryn was our line organizer who tried to keep it orderly. Today can barely be described with words and if I continued I probably would write forever so I'm going to end it here. Today was life changing in so many ways and we saw glimpses of Jesus in every kids face.

-Abby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment